How to Start an Interior Design Company in Dubai?
It’s never been a better moment to launch an interior design firm in Dubai than right now. One of the fastest growing segments of the building industry is interior design. An interior design firm would do well to set up business in Dubai.
The region’s developers, homeowners, and businesses are constantly on the hunt for a skilled interior design firm capable of giving them something truly special.
If you’re an expert in interior design or just have a passion for it, starting a business in Dubai may be the perfect move for you. Starting an interior design firm in Dubai can be done in a variety of ways.
Starting an Interior Design Company in Dubai (The Process)
An interior design company license is required by both of the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE’s) commercial jurisdictions. It’s the Mainland and the Free Trade Zone.
The investor can choose the business countries based on the nature of the firm, the number of employees, and the number of visas required.
Companies that specialize in interior design offer a wide range of services to their clients. Some Dubai-based businesses are tasked with completing projects on a global scale, which necessitates frequent overseas travel on the part of their employees. The best option for business owners in this situation is to set up a business in a tax-free zone.
On the other hand, mainland UAE is the place to be for interior design firms looking to get into the UAE’s domestic construction market. A company’s license to practice interior design is issued by each Emirate’s Department of Economic Development.
How to Launch an Interior Design Firm in the United Arab Emirates. Company formation can then move forward once the jurisdiction has been selected.
- How Can I Start Agricultural Business In UAE?
- How To Open A Retail Shop In Dubai?
- Starting A General Trading Company In Dubai
- How To Start Business In IFZA Free Zone Dubai
Initial Approval of the Company
Please submit all paperwork required for review by the appropriate authorities.
For preliminary approval, please submit the following materials:
- Business strategy breakdown
- Copies of business licenses and incorporation documents
- Submitting a License Application for an Interior Design Firm
- The Company’s Initial Certificate of No Objection
- Director, shareholder, and manager passport copies
Dubai Company Registration
After reviewing the paperwork, Customer Confirmation Letter for the specified office space in Dubai for the Interior Design firm will be provided.
The following items are needed to register an Interior Design firm in Dubai:
- Document of Registration, Board Resolution
- Registration Statement Application
- Post-dated checks
- Make sure the document of the corporate charter is notarized.
- Certificate of acknowledgment or memorandum of agreement (MOA)
- Lease agreements, employee sponsorship, and license retrieval.
- Customer’s confirmation letter collection and payment / fees submission.
Starting an Interior Design Company in Dubai (Advantages)
With so many opportunities for new businesses to flourish, Dubai is an excellent location from which to launch an interior design firm. Interior designers have the largest potential clientele in the city.
Interior design firms in Dubai are crucial to the completion of many large-scale residential and commercial projects. As a result, there has been a dramatic increase in the need for interior design firms in Dubai.
A Dubai, UAE-based interior design firm offers the following benefits:
- A rise in the need for both commercial and residential construction
- Multicultural consumers open up a vast range of possibilities for designers.
- Suppliers and contractors for interior work are readily available.
- Convenient Facilities and a Pool of Qualified Interior Designers
- Designers May Obtain Permits on a Contract Basis
- A Free Zone or Mainland Location Allows for Quickly Establishing a Business Presence
- Tax breaks for corporations
Best Free Zone for Setting up an Interior Design Company in Dubai
The D3 Free Zone in Dubai is perfect for starting an interior design business because it is dedicated to fostering such enterprises. Many of the industry’s most well-known companies are headquartered there.
If you’re looking to expand your business through collaboration and networking, go no further than the D3 Free Zone. Interior design consultancy permits are issued by the Dubai Creative Cluster Authority (DCCA). Investor is authorized to practice interior architecture and design, space planning, and concept design under the terms of the license.
Interior Design company License – Dubai Creative Cluster Authority (DCCA)
Interior designers that focus on interior and furniture design can obtain freelancing permissions from the Dubai Creative Cluster Authority (DCCA). The Interior Design Freelance Permit is a great option for those who wish to dip their toes in the water before diving in with both feet.
In both Free Zones and the mainland, interior design firms are restricted to sketching out blueprints and offering advice on concepts. They are barred from helping with any building or setting up tasks.
They will need to hire a construction company to handle the actual installation, building, or remodeling. There must be two separate procurement processes (Import Companies with Customs Registration and import Code) for any furniture or other design products imported as part of the project scope.
The interior design firm must apply for a trade license and obtain an import number from Dubai Customs in order to bring in any furniture, designer lighting, or constructions from overseas. Not all Free Zones allow businesses registered there to operate without obtaining further permission.
Activities for an Interior Design Company in Dubai
Business activities allowed:
- Designing for Space
- Creation of Ideas
- Interior Designing and Building Indoor Spaces
The following are examples of interior design business operations that are not allowed in the D3 Free Zone.
- Employees who are sponsored can only work in designated areas of Dubai called “Creative Clusters.”
- No Building from These Documents (that is not covered by the Design Consultancy Agreement)
- Having a showcase for sellers’ wares inside the building
- Construction-ready blueprints of the building’s exterior and interior
- Furnishings and fittings supply
Any of the following organizational structures are appropriate for establishing an Interior Design Company in the UAE:
- Free Zone Company
- Branch of a Foreign Corporation
- Limited Liability Corporation of a Free Zone
- Freelance Authorization
- Dubai Free Zone Company Setup Cost
- How To Start A Cleaning Company In Dubai
- How To Start A Cafeteria In Abu Dhabi?
- How much does it cost to set up a free zone company in Dubai?
Starting an Interior Design Company in the Dubai Mainland
On the Dubai mainland, anyone with expertise or a relevant degree can launch an interior design business. They can begin operations in Dubai after applying for a professional license from the DED.
Your business would have more room to grow if you apply for a license on Dubai’s mainland. Since there are no visa quotas to worry about, you can increase your workforce without having to move into larger quarters. If you have a mainland license, you’ll have better access to government project contracts.
Here are the steps you need to do to launch an interior design business in Dubai:
- Select an Appropriate Business Activity
- Submit an application for a license to practice at the DED.
- Dubai Municipality Permission
- Reserving a Brand Name
- Picking a place to work
- Get a hold of the lease agreement.
- Give Us Your Business Details
- Acquire a Certificate of Incorporation
The Demand for Interior Design Companies in Dubai
Competition is fierce in the interior design field. Expo 2020 in Dubai, as well as other planned construction projects in the United Arab Emirates, will likely increase the region’s need for interior designers.
Global investors are drawn to Dubai because of the city’s high standard of living and advanced infrastructure. Dubai’s construction business includes interior design as a vital component. Interior design firms are in high demand because of the industry’s need for their services. The interior design of a structure is vital to its appearance and functionality.
The need for interior design to improve the visual ambience of commercial, residential, retail, and public areas is on the rise.
Dubai’s economic climate is conducive to startup businesses, and the city’s infrastructure makes it easy for interior design firms to set up a business in the United Arab Emirates.
Consult with our team of legal and business professionals now to learn more about starting an interior design firm in the UAE.